GAME is a C3, DS and Creatures Adventures CAOS command that sets game variables that can be referenced by a name. They are stored as part of each world and are saved in the world files. When a new world is loaded, all the game variables are cleared. If a script uses a non-existent game variable, it is automatically created with a value of 0 (as an integer). Agents, integers, floats and strings can be stored in game variables. Variable names are case sensitive.
There are some conventions for the variable names:
- engine_ for Creatures Engine
- cav_ for Creatures Adventures
- c3_ for Creatures 3
DELG deletes a game variable. A table of game variables can be seen in the CAOS documentation.
A lot of them can be seen in the file "!C3_game variables.cos" in Creatures 3, "!DS_game variables.cos" in Docking Station, and the file "!WS_game variables.cos" in Creatures Village.
- OVxx, the numbered target agent variables
- NAMN, which loops over NAME variables
- MAME and NAME, the other named variables
- Variable types (includes some information on GAME)