Free text editors
In addition to the official CAOS Tools and Creatures Community-created tools, there are many free text editors that work with COS files. Some community members have created plugins for these text editors to help make CAOS more readable by highlighting different parts of the code in different colours. Some options available are listed below:
Cross-Platform (Windows, Mac, Linux)
- Atom supports syntax highlighting. There is support for CAOS available.
- jEdit supports syntax highlighting. RProgrammer created a file which adds highlighting support for CAOS to jEdit.
- Sublime Text has an evaluation license which does not expire. ham5ter created a file which adds highlighting support to Sublime Text 2.
- Notepad++ (Felinorn created a User-Defined Language (UDL) XML adding highlighting to Notepad++)
- Programmer's Notepad
- Vim (Vim official website) supports syntax highlighting. The CDN created a file which adds highlighting support for CAOS to Vim (see Creatures Wiki article on Vim for more information).
|This stub could use .|