She is a regular visitor to alt.games.creatures, JRChat, Sine and the main community forums, and even featured in the first ever Much ado about Norns newsletter here. She is also a wikicities administrator and wikipedia user.
In RL, Don is a full time Software Engineer in Games Development (having previously worked at Maxis as a Content Designer on The Sims) with a Masters degree in Software Engineering, useful for developing new Creatures applications.
- Gender: Female
- Age: Mid-twenties
- Interests: Programming, alife, graphic design, web-design & socialising
- Games: Strategy and god games
- Main Platform: Windows XP Pro SP2
- Other OS: All Windows 95+, Fedora, RedHat, Mac 7.5 68k
- Location: England
- Docking Station ID: Don
- email: admin(at)amberz.net
- Manager at Creatures Caves
- Moderator for DS Aftermath
- Temp-op at the JRChat chat room
- Coordinator for the CCSF 2005-2006
- NeoPets CC Guild Leader
- CCP Project Coordinator
- Sine IRC OP/Irregular
- Don featured in the first ever Much ado about Norns here
- She won second place in the first Creatures Survivor game, two votes behind Gryph.
What's In a Name
The story behind the AmberShee...
- The Habitat - Virtual life game in development (see right)
- C2 Script Range: 15,201-15,401
- C3 Script Range: 15,600-15,700
Creatures 1 Contributions
Creatures 2 Contributions
Creatures 3/DS Contributions
Creatures Contributions general
Norndolls and Norn Beanies
Don is the proud owner of a hand made Butterfly Norn Norndoll (shown left), designed especially by her good friend Data back in May 2003. She also now has three official Norndolls - a purple Blueberry Norn from America (right), one from Australia, and a green Norn from England (also right) - measured at around 6.5 inches tall each.
Creatures Titles Owned
Don is a long term supporter of the Creatures series and therefore her collection includes twenty-three titles, twenty-one box sets and two electronic-only releases:
Creatures 1*, Creatures 1 Life Kit #1, Creatures 1 Deluxe, Creatures 2, Creatures 2 Life Kit #1, Creatures 2 Life Kit #2 (electronic), Creatures 2 Deluxe, Creatures 3, Docking Station (electronic), Creatures Internet Edition, Creatures Gold, Linux Creatures Internet Edition, Creatures Adventures, Creatures Playground, Creatures Village (Remastered), The Albian Years (Remastered), Creatures Exodus (Remastered), Creatures (PlayStation), Creatures Raised in Space (PlayStation) and Creatures (Gameboy Advanced). Plus the eleven Creatures Mall breeds, Creatures 1 Strategy Guide and Sea-Monkeys.
Back in 1998 Don, being the artistic type, even had a go at making a few Creatures 2 Norns of her own. The small tribe of clay creatures she produced were around 2cm high and included purple, brown and blue Norns. It wasn't long before she decided to try her hand at Grendels and Ettins as well in order to complete the miniature scene. See right.