Creatures Docking Station can be docked with the retail Creatures 3 to make an even larger world, hence its name. In addition, several breeds are available to add to the game, some official, some third-party. Each of the official breeds has an entry in the Docking Station Story. To play the game online you will need register for a free Docking Station id.
Docking Station features an improved version of the Creatures Evolution Engine (Including the NetBabel protocol which is responsible for internet-based things such as the warp), and some agents are designed to work only with it. Conversely, others require Creatures 3 to be installed if they use scripts or sprites from it.
Want to know who was involved in making Docking Station? Read the credits!
The game is small - meaning that docking with Creatures 3 or adding third-party metarooms is a requirement in order to make a reasonably-sized world to play in - but still comes with several metarooms:
- Norn Meso - the main metaroom of Docking Station, with the egg layer and learning machine, allowing you to play with and look after your norns
- Comms Room - a metaroom which allows you to communicate with other online players
- Workshop - the entry point for the warp, including the Containment Chamber
- Hub - connects all three metarooms together, allowing travel between them.
Agents of note include:
Free Official Addons
In Creatures 3
- Astro Norn
- Bondi Norn
- Fallow Norn
- Hardman Norn
- Harlequin Norn
- Siamese Norn
- Treehugger Norn
- Toxic Norn
- Zebra Norn
- Banshee Grendel
Key (agent?) developers
- Download Docking Station (PC)
- Download Docking Station (Linux)
- Docking Station Central where you can register or view your DS profile
- The online Creatures Manuals from Gameware
- Creatures 3 in the gameinfo wiki, including a detailed guide
- Docking Station Manual - an online version of the manual at Artificial Life for Linux