To experiment with editing, go to the sandbox. Open that in another window so you can still see this!
- You can edit any page by clicking the edit tab at the top - do this if you think it could do with more information, or if there's an error in the page. You can also see how the wiki features work by editing existing pages - just make sure you don't save without meaning to!
- Anywhere you see a red link, you can create a new page. You can also just type the name of an page into the URL box after the /index.php/ or /wiki/ bit, or create a link to that page in the sandbox and then click it. Why not start with a wanted page or stub?
- To link to a page (even if it doesn't exist yet), write it like this: [[article name]]. It is case-sensitive except for the first letter.
- To redirect one page to another (useful for different spelling or capitalization), write this: #REDIRECT [[Other Page]]
- Write plurals like this unless the article is plural: [[Agent]]s.
- To display different text for a link, do this: [[article name|description]].
- You can use images as well, but you need to log in and upload the file first. Add an image with [[Image:imagename.png|left OR right OR none|frame OR thumb (if you want a frame or thumbnail - if not, leave this out)|Description]]. Examples:
[[Image:Wiki.png|left|frame|This is the [[Creatures Wiki]]logo!]]
[[Image:Wiki.png|right|This text only shows up when you hover over the image]]
- To put a page into a category, do this: [[Category:Whatever]]. To link to a category use [[:Category:Whatever]].
- If you make a change and don't like it, click the history tab and click the date of the previous version, then hit edit and save that version.
- If you need to sign your name, use ~~~, or ~~~~ to include the date too. You shouldn't normally do this unless talking to someone on a talk page or making a personal note outside the normal flow of the article - wherever you can't avoid saying "I" ;-)
- Please remember to click Preview before saving. Check all your links! Also, Help:Contents has more help for you.
Moop: Nice sand.
Wolf: Food is good. almost as good as chewing on razers. Which are very nutritional, if prepared properly. LONG LIVE LON LON RANCH!
LilWashu played in the sandbox, and urges everyone else to do likewise.
As did homer.
Andrettin likes machinery. Andrettin get gadget.
That's typical Ettin paraphenelia loving, there.
Jamie: OOoh sand...mmmmm
Astro makes a sandcastle and pushes it over.
Officer 1BDI wanders in, having no clue what to do. Deciding Astro's on the right track, 1BDI constructs a shelter out of sand pails and shovels and cowers in it.
edash gets sand in his eyes and runs off.
gobbo_the_civet gets a spoon and starts eating sand
Moop:Does that sand t[e]st good? [edit by ihope127]
ElasticMuffin was here. And avoided the sand studiously while he was.
gobbo_the_civet spits out the sand and starts tracking a worm
Spook: me build a sand castle! :)
gobbo_the_civet, heavely chewing on the worm, hides in the cellars of an sandcastle.
malkin: Does anyone know how to make new lettered categories?
- Not sure exactly what you mean . . . but you can just refer to [[:Category:Whatever]] to get a link and then edit that page - or take off the first : to add that page to the named category GreenReaper 22:34, 1 Jan 2005 (PST)
Thanks GreenReaper! I think I've got the hang of it.. Although I keep on doing stuff wrong. - malkin
btw, I'm a girl. I'm a little ambiguous, I know, but I really am a girl. ;) - malkin
Pfft, a likely story. ;-) -- GreenReaper 19:14, 6 Jan 2005 (PST)
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah [blah] [edited by ihope127]
- jack builds a real sized castle out of the sand and creates sand food to live off of and sand water,also sand bed and other furniture...and uses a sand furnace to make glass for everything else :P*
ihope127: Ooh ooh! Castle! Are you sure the glass glass furnace is going to stand up to all that heat? *makes a new one out of ice and snow* That should cool it down!
ihope127: On second thought I don't want it out of ice and snow. *makes some more glass in the ice furnace* Oh never mind. But you need something a bit different. *makes a sand and clay [and copper] mixture and fires it in the furnace* [edited by ihope127]
ihope127: Ooh sludgy? *eats some sludgy* Ooh warm sludgy! *makes yet another furnace out of sludgy*
*malkin heaps up a little sand in a pile, and thinks on how to cobble it.*
*Erin makes a sand-angel* Whee! <g>