The 2005 CCSF ran for the fortnight from August 1st to August 14th, 2005. It was centered around the idea of Give Back with a theme of Nature. The coordinators were Liam and Don.
"Competitions week" began on Day 1, August 1th. The competitions that took place included Fan Art, Short Stories and Agent making. Following a large number of requests. the competition deadlines were extended to August 14th, at which point the entries were collected together and passed on to a panel of secret judges.
"Downloads week" began on Day 8, August 7th, and it was intended that at least one donated download would be released for each day of the week. There was a generous number of downloads offered, but it was hoped that the 2006 CCSF might be able to at least double or triple the results.
- Amanora released the Snow Norns for Creatures 1
- Amanora released the Butterfly Norns for Creatures 3 and DS
- Marcus K. released the Mini Commedia Vendor
- Spook released his Creatures Icons
- Critter_girl released her Stinky Cheese
- The Evil Council released a new genetic breed, the Psycho Grendel
- malkin re-released her Purple Mountain Hootch
- Zareb released a second Metaroom, Gardenia, for DS
- The Wizard Norns were re-released by Max
- The Creatures Community Development Network, ccdevnet.org, was unveiled, including an interview by nornagon, its creator.
- Lacota, Clucky, and others made the first public (non-beta) C12DS release.
- A preview of The Canopy, in the form of an interview with edash, was posted.
Liam released a Secret Adventure Mode Blue Carrot agent for DS on Day 6 of the Festival. It was to be a last surprise prior to his semi-retirement from the CC.
- Unofficial Life Kit #3 for Creatures 2
- The Canopy metaroom (which, unfortunately, was delayed)
Events and Games
The 2005 CCSF unveiled several feature articles, in tribute to certain people, metarooms and agents. One of these tributes was Terra Pluvialis.
The scheduled Festival web-games were unable to go ahead due to a lack of small prize donations (small agents and the like). Therefore, they were delayed until 2006.