Jump to navigation Jump to search
| This article is about a project that was cancelled or put on extended hiatus.|
Animus Chaotica is a Creatures-like ALife game currently under development by Vadim and Nornagon. It uses a client-server architecture, in which the server does as little as possible. The server is being written in C, and currently runs only on Unix-like systems. The "official" client is also written in C, using SDL. However, anyone is welcome to make their own client. There are three official pieces of software: the Animus Chaotica client, the Animus Chaotica server, and the Animus Chaotica adminitration tools.
For those who use Subversion, the current code can be found at https://subversion.apache.org/source-code.html.
Currently, the Animus Chaotica source code requires the following libraries:
- SDL version 1.2.7 (All Official Software)
- SDL-Net version 1.2.5 (All Official Software)
- SDL-image version 1.2.3 (Official Client)
- SQLite version 2.8.15 (Official Server)
- zlib version 1.2.2 (All Official Software)
- readline version 4.3 (Official Administration Tools)
- ViewCVS (source code repository) (down, formerly at ccdevnet.org/viewcvs.cgi/?root=animus)
- Build instructions for Linux (down, formerly at wiki.vadim.ws/tiki-index.php?page=AcBuild)
|This stub could use more information.|