|Breed slot||Ettin Slot A|
The Worker Ettins were introduced in Creatures 2 and mostly live in the Volcano along with the Grendels and Pitz the dog. The Ettins are born sterile from the Ettin Mother, with only one visible life stage, and their lifespans are noticeably shorter than those of norns, due to a deliberate cap, and dangers such as the radiation from the Volcano, (which causes heavy metal poisoning) and Deathcap mushrooms. Their genome also causes them to feel tired and in pain all of the time, which caused an uproar when discovered.
Only eggs containing male ettins will be laid by the ettin mother in the vanilla Creatures 2 game. Females can be created using the splicer, the Metamorph Device, or the Genetics Kit. They will look identical to male ettins unless the Life Kit #1 is installed, as this gives female grendels and ettins their own unique sets of sprites.
Modifications and Conversions
- Like grendels, the ettins included with Creatures 2 cannot breed. Lis Morris created a fix, The Ettin Breeder's Kit, that updates the ettin genome, modifies the ettin mother to hatch both male and female ettins, and includes scripts which allow the player to breed their ettins.
- Don added infant life stages to form the Ettin family
- Snapdragon converted the sprites to Creatures 3 to form the Atavist Ettins.
- Jesseth and CosmicSynthetics released their own C3/DS conversion, C2 to DS Worker Ettins, for the CCSF 2022
- NornenMeister has made a winged version from the Worker Ettins, the Winged Worker Ettins.
- Jessica released an updated genome, the C2 Updated Canny Ettins, for the CCSF 2011.