| This article is about a project that was cancelled or put on extended hiatus.
It will feature a fully fledged ecosystem, a complex weather system, and many secrets waiting to be explored.
Corona's Website has the following to say about it:
- The Canopy is a beautiful room which is still in development at the moment. It features a full night/day cycle and a complete weather pattern. This room is full of many different animals, plants and even some interesting machinery.
Release was originally intended for CCSF 2005 but was unfortunately delayed. It was again mentioned that it might be released for the CCSF 2006, but nothing appeared. Later, in April 2007, Moe announced that Corona had become defunct. He said that a beta would be released later if edash did not reappear by late summer, but later decided that he could not release a beta without edash's involvement. In February 2009, a beta was leaked to the community, and Moe said he didn't mind. This is currently available for download in an archive. Part of The Canopy overlaps with Asteroids.
Some of the 'BIG critters' that were intended for inclusion with The Canopy were an owl, which was featured on the splash screen, and an archaeopteryx.
- Canopy Boomba Preview - released before Summer 2004.
- Canopy Bluebottles - released as a preview during the CCSF 2005.
- Interview with edash for the CCSF (inc. screenshots)
- Caring for Toxic Breeds by Venithil for the CCSF 2016 - discusses The Canopy as a habitat for toxic creatures.