Linux Creatures Internet Edition
Following the original Windows release of Creatures Internet Edition and the later conversion of Docking Station for Linux, it was decided that CIE should also released in a playable form for Linux. Linux Creatures Internet Edition used the Linux-ported version of the Docking Station engine, the lc2e, for both the Creatures 3 and Docking Station games. Prior to its release, players could download an installer from the files section of the CreaturesLinux Yahoo group to allow the Linux version of Docking Station to connect with the Windows Creatures 3.
- Linux kernel 2.2, or above
- Pentium II processor, or better
- At least 64Mb of RAM
- OSS-compatible 16-bit sound card
- X-compatible video card capable of 800x600 resolution
- 400MB free hard disk space
- Glibc 2.1
- Other common software: GTK/Gnome libraries, Wget or Lynx, bzip2
It only runs on the x86 architecture, as can be guessed from the processor requirement.
- Creatures Internet Edition for Windows
- Macintosh Creatures Exodus - A Mac-ported version of the Linux CIE