| This article is about a project that was cancelled or put on extended hiatus.|
|This stub could use .|
It was planned to use and showcase openc2e as the underlying engine. It was intended to be primarily built around a main world, similar to Creatures 2's Albia, rather than a Creatures 3-style collection of smaller metarooms.
The project produced several design documents, drawings, and a technical demo. It stopped receiving contributions around 2008.
Some elements planned to be part of Lifandi included:
- Three or more new "primary" breeds, the Kirin, Tzarlith, and Fents
- A large wraparound world with multiple underground levels.
- A pervasive, robust and flexible world ecology, including seasons, day/night cycles and weather.
- Two distinct modes of play:
- Play Mode - offering specific challenges with set goals and obstacles.
- Sandbox Mode - an open free play setting without any rules.
- Realistic creatures, in both behavior and biochemistry.
- Expandable - prebuilt extension areas in game for 3rd-party rooms and add ons.