Jagent is a Java suite for creating, compiling, parsing, and otherwise manipulating all sorts of Creatures files related to agents. Jagent was created by its founder (and sadly, sole developer) RProgrammer. Since Jagent is written in Java, all the major operating systems are supported (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, ...). Please note, that in order to use Jagent, one needs Java 6.0 or higher.
Jagent is hosted on SourceForge here.
Supported file types
Jagent wholly supports these Creatures file types:
- C16 files
- S16 files
- BLK files
- PRAY source (.txt templates)
- PRAY (.agent) (note that certain versions of JAgent don't support extracting non-agent blocks, such as those used by exported .creature files)
- CAOS2PRAY (a method of embedding the PRAY source in COS files)
These file types might be-, but aren't- supported:
- COB files, RCB files, and SPR files - Old formats
- MNG files - Not enough demand for too complex a format, with existing good tools
- GEN files and GNO files - It is Jagent after all
These file types wouldn't be supported by Jagent, because they are standard types:
- COS files, and Catalogue files - These are simple text files, but syntax highlighting is available with jEdit and custom modes by RProgrammer
- WAV files - Standard audio files, no need for a special tool; for example, check out Audacity
Monk, the Jagent PRAY tool, has technical limitations in decompiling agents where less than or greater than signs <> are used in the PRAY file as brackets, such as "Agent Name <DS>".
- Edos (graphics) - 2.0 (Beta)
- Monk (pray) - 2.0 (Beta)
Running Jagent Programs
In order to open .jar files and use the program(s) you will need to download and install Java (if it is not already installed). When you attempt to open a .jar you may get a "choose application to open" prompt otherwise.
You can find it here for PC Download Java for Windows