C3/DS CAOS Codes
How to use
- Open the CAOS console - while the game is active and running, press and hold Ctrl (or Control for Macintosh) + Shift + c. In the lower left corner of the screen, the CAOS command line will appear.
- Write the cheat code - copy-pasting into the CAOS console doesn't always work reliably, so the chance is high that you will have to type in the code manually. While entering the code, make sure you don't forget any quotation marks that have to be included. Double check the code you write down, a small typing error can have significant effects if you don't know what the code does.
- Close the CAOS console - press Ctrl + Shift + c again.
- It is very important to close the command line after using it, as leaving it open and accidentally typing stuff into it can wreck your world.
- Many of these codes are irreversible without specialized knowledge of CAOS and the game itself! Use at your own risk. It is highly recommended to force save your world (Ctrl + R) before you remove any agents, so you may restart without saving (Ctrl + Pause Break) if something goes horribly wrong.
- If a code mentions "norn" it refers to the selected creature (it can be a Norn, Grendel, Ettin or Geat; the variable "norn" will affect any of them). If it mentions "hots", it is talking about the agent under the hand. Hots can also be used to target creatures, not just agents.
- Force Ageing a creature is not reversible. Be very careful when using CAOS commands to age a creature, as the game often takes a few moments to update the profile and appearance, especially if your world runs slowly. Creatures have 7 life stages: Baby, Child, Adolescent, Youth, Adult, Old, and Ancient. Using targ norn ages 4 on a Baby will make it an Adult, but if that creature is a Child, it will become Old. If you attempt to age a Creature past Ancient, it will die.
- Several of these codes require either agent numbers, or x, y coordinates. Agent numbers, or classifiers, are always three numbers separated by spaces, for example - 2 15 8 (which is the Dragonfly, if you're wondering). There is a code under the Utility Section that will output Agent classification numbers. To get x,y coordinates, use the Ctrl + Shift + X keyboard command; this will show the x,y coordinates of the Hand.
Getting rid of things
|To kill (delete) the thing underneath the hand. This will affect both creatures and agents. If more than one agent/creature is present beneath the hand, the topmost will be deleted first.||kill hots|
| To kill all creatures.
Substitute 4 1 0 for Norns only, 4 2 0 for Grendels only, 4 3 0 for Ettins only, or 4 4 0 for geats only (if you have any). Substitute 4 1 1 for male norns, 4 1 2 for female norns, and vice versa.
|enum 4 0 0 dead next|
|To kill all creatures and destroy their bodies.||enum 4 0 0 dead kill targ next|
|To kill the selected creature.||targ norn dead|
|To destroy all bacteria||enum 2 32 23 kill targ next|
|To get rid of all stingers, stinger nest, and stinger pod in Docking Station||ject "stinger pod.cos" 1|
|To kill all old or elderly creatures.||enum 4 0 0 doif cage ge 5 dead endi next|
|To kill all old or elderly creatures and destroy their bodies.||enum 4 0 0 doif cage ge 5 dead kill targ endi next|
Codes which affect creatures
|To instantly teach full vocabulary to all creatures||enum 4 0 0 vocb next|
|To instantly teach full vocabulary to the selected creature||targ norn vocb|
|To force age a creature one life stage||targ norn ages 1|
|To age all creatures to adult||enum 4 0 0 doif cage lt 4 setv va00 4 subv va00 cage ages va00 endi next|
|To extend the lifespan of the selected Norn||targ norn chem 125 1|
|To extend the lifespan of all Norns||enum 4 1 0 chem 125 1 next|
|To extend the lifespan of all creatures||enum 4 0 0 chem 125 1 next|
|To allow multiple births (replace ## with a number indicating probability) Setting these both to 1.00 (instead of 0.50) makes every pregnancy a litter of six.|| setv game "engine_multiple_birth_first_chance" 0.##|
setv game "engine_multiple_birth_subsequent_chance" 0.##
| To make an unhatched egg female, put the hand
over the egg before pressing Enter
|targ hots setv ov01 2|
| To make an unhatched egg male, put the hand
over the egg before pressing Enter
|targ hots setv ov01 1|
|Move a creature's foot to the location of the hand. (Note: Choose a wide open space large enough for a norn to appear in!)||targ norn mvft mopx mopy|
| Teleport the currently selected creature to a location. Replace x y with coordinates.
Sample x y Coordinates:
|targ norn mvft x y|
|Move all creatures of one species to a set location. Replace # with 1 for Norns, 2 for Grendels or 3 for Ettins. Replace x y with coordinates. (See list above)||enum 4 # 0 targ norn mvft x y next|
|Move all creatures of one gender to a set location. Replace # with 1 for males, 2 for females. Replace x y with coordinates. (See list above)||enum 4 0 # targ norn mvft x y next|
|Remove a chemical from the selected creature. Replace # with a number from the chemical list.||targ norn chem # -1|
|Inject a chemical into the selected creature. Replace # with a number from the chemical list.||targ norn chem # 1|
|Put the currently selected Norn in pain (silent pain script)||sway writ norn 0 1 0 2 0 3 0 4|
|To induce labour in a stuck pregnancy (for the currently selected norn)||mesg writ norn 65|
Codes which affect agents
| To make agents untouchable by creatures. Replace family, genus and species with the appropriate agent classifiers.
Sample Agent Classifiers:
All Gadgets - 3 8 0
|enum family genus species bhvr 0 next endm|
|To set the color of an agent, where RRR is the amount of red, GGG is the amount of green, BBB the amount of blue, and SSS/RRR are the swap/rotation of the color (all are numbers from 0 to 256)||targ hots tint RRR GGG BBB RRR SSS|
|To clone an agent - Replace family, genus, species with the appropriate numbers of the agent. Replace x, y with the coordinates of where the new agent should be placed. Clone will fail to appear if insuffecient space is present at x, y coordinates||inst rtar family genus species stpt seta va00 twin targ 1 mvto x y|
| Make fixed agents moveable. Replace family, genus, species with the appropriate numbers of the agent.
Shee Ark Medicine Vendor - 2 23 2
Shee Ark Cheese Vendor - 2 23 6
Capillata Lemon Vendor - 2 23 6
Capillata Justanut Vendor - 2 23 5
Desert Terrarium Stone of Knowledge - 2 24 1
Bridge Stone of Knowledge - 2 24 2
Jungle Terrarium Stone of Knowledge - 2 24 3
Shee Ark power-ups - 2 24 4
|enum family genus species attr 199 next endm|
| Change an agent's behavior. Replace family, genus, species with the appropriate numbers of the agent.
NOTE: If you made the Justanut or Lemon Vendor moveable with the code above, use the first three codes on the left to make them behave normally.
|To pause an animal, plant or other agent (to keep it from dying while working with it)||targ hots outv tick tick 0|
|To resume the agent (replace the X with the number returned when you do the above)||targ hots tick X|
|To reinstall an agent from a .cos file||ject "nameofcosfile.cos" 7|
|To force the hand to drop whatever it's holding||targ pntr drop|
|Change what a creature calls an object (to the C3/DS classifier numbers Hand-Potion)||targ hots cato XX (where XX is a number from 1-25)|
|To make the agent under the hand emit a smell, where X is the number corresponding to the smell type, and Y is a number between 0 and 1 corresponding to the smell strength. Note that objects can only emit one scent type.||targ hots emit X Y|
|To kill all of a particular agent||enum X X X kill targ next|
|To find out an agent's classifier number in Creatures 3 (use Ctrl+Shift+T in DS)||targ hots outv fmly outs " " outv gnus outs " " outv spcs|
|To set the bioenergy level to 1000||setv game "Bioenergy" 1000|
| Change the total number of all Creatures (Norns, Ettins & Grendels) permitted at any one time. Replace # with the number of Creatures.
Creatures 3 ONLY! For Docking Station, use the Options Panel.
|setv game "c3_max_creatures" # rgam|
| Change the total number of Norns permitted at any one time. If this number is reached, eggs will not hatch until a Norn dies or is exported. Replace # with the number of Norns desired.
Creatures 3 ONLY! For Docking Station, use the Options Panel.
|setv game "c3_max_norns" # rgam|
|To output the CAOS command document||file oope 1 "caos.html" 0 dbg: html 1 file oclo|
|To output the CAOS command document (alphabetical listing)||file oope 1 "caos.html" 0 dbg: html 0 file oclo|
|To make the hand invisible to your creatures||targ pntr attr 48|
|To make the hand visible to your creatures again||targ pntr attr 32|
|To make it so the hand can collect pickups by clicking on them||scrp 2 24 4 1 mesg wrt+ ownr 12345 50 5 0 endm|
|To move power-ups to the Norn Terrarium||enum 2 24 4 mvto 760 770 next|
|Quit the game WITHOUT saving. Same as (Ctrl + Pause Break)||quit|
|Repeat last CAOS command||Press Enter Key (Return Key for Macintosh)|
| Enable Debug Mode
Debug Mode Exclusive Commands:
|setv game "engine_debug_keys" 1 rgam|
| To run the (C3 only) Space Invaders game
Click on the Grendel head to begin the game. Move left and right with the arrow keys, and use the Space Bar to fire. Clicking on the Norn Meso door or any of the Favorite Places will return you to Creatures.
|setv game "scared" 1 meta 6 1 1 1|
|To make your selected Creature say a phrase of your choice. Replace "text" with your phrase.||targ norn sezz "text"|
|To enlarge the map to fit more metarooms such as Aquamind (they must be programmed to be in that location).||mapd 100000 100000|