Creatures Community (Discord Server)
- Web address: https://discord.gg/zxVbKkn
- Webmaster: C-Rex
- Ran from/to dates: 13 December 2016 - Current
Summary of Content
The Creatures Community's first ever Discord Server. There are currently three categories and eight channels:
- #rules - A read-only channel that contains the server's rules and consequences.
- #announcements - A channel for users to post news or any announcements they may have. Is also used by the admins to inform users of any changes to the server. All members have access.
- #introductions - This channel is for members, both old and new, to say hello and tell everyone a bit about themselves. It will also display a message every time a new member joins the server so that current members can pop in and make them feel welcome.
- #general - What it says on the tin - a place for members to talk about anything creatures-related. All members have access.
- #help - A channel for users to get help by asking questions. All members have access.
- #development - A place for discussing anything related to the development of the Creatures games. All members have access.
- #petz - A channel dedicated to the Petz series of virtual pet games by P.F. Magic/Ubisoft. Share and talk about your beloved Catz and Dogz here. Oddballz and Babyz too!
- #off-topic - A place to discuss anything non-creatures related, as long as it adheres to the server rules.
- #nsfw - An invite-only channel for posting or discussing mature content that may not otherwise be allowed within the #general channel. Members who would like access to this channel must request it from one of the admins.
- Insulting or bullying other members will not be tolerated. This includes name-calling, general nastiness and posting insulting imagery, such as offensive memes. If you are being bullied please inform one of the admins and it will be dealt with.
- Please refrain from shouting. Shouting refers to typing in all capitals. It can be very annoying and in some cases considered rude. Anyone who shouts will be given a warning. If it continues they will receive a gag.
- Please don't spam. Spam refers to posting images or text that serves no other purpose than to annoy people. If spambots do join the server please notify one of the admins and it will be dealt with accordingly.
- Do not post links to copyrighted content, including the mall breeds. Any messages with these kind of links will be deleted.
- Regardless of which channel you post in, be aware of how much information about yourself you give away. Due to safety reasons any posts containing information such as addresses or telephone numbers will be deleted.
- We will not tolerate any kind of homophobic, xenophobic, racist or transphobic remarks within any channel.
- Swearing - Any messages that feature words considered swear words will be deleted from the general channel. The #nsfw channel will allow strong language as long as it is not being used to abuse fellow members.
- Subject Matter - Try to keep content within the General channel clean - any discussion of pornography, severe violence, or other potentially offensive content hould be kept within the #nsfw channel. As always, please exercise judgment and good common sense before posting.(edited)
Users who break the rules continously will be assigned a gag role, which will revoke their messaging privileges throughout the server. Gags will be removed after the admin team agrees that enough time has passed for the user to learn their lesson. Any future rule-breaking after a gag may result in a permanent ban. Members who are banned will be unable to rejoin the server.
The moderation team of the Creature Community Discord Server undertake a monthly "prune" to kick user accounts from the server that have not been active for thirty days. Members can also request moderators kick any old user accounts they may have created, but are warned not to abuse this feature by kicking active accounts, otherwise they will be banned.