Creatures - The Albian Years
Creatures: The Albian Years is a recompilation of the original Creatures and Creatures 2. Note that, unlike Creatures Village, the two included games are entirely separate in every way other than the CD name. It is however possible to import C1 creatures into C2 using the Nornverter, but it isn't included with the game and needs to be downloaded seperately from AmberCreatures.
Creatures 1 and 2:
- Brown Mouse Norn
- White Haired Pixie Norn
- Horse Norn (aka Brown Devil & Blondie)
- Purple Mountain Norn
- Forest Norn
- Ron Norn
- Hebe Norn (aka Desert Norn)
- Malay Norn (aka Emerald Norn)
- Pixie Norn (aka Alba Norn)
- Golden Desert Norn
- Frog Norn
- Bulbous Grendel
- Worker Ettin
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 (32 & 64 bit)
- 1 GHz Processor (1.4 GHz recommended)
- 256MB RAM (512 recommended)
- 3D graphics card compatible with DirectX 7 (compatible with DirectX 9 recommended)
Creatures 2 genetics kit can't find the Norn's DNA data.
1. Go to my documents and open the creature 2 file.
2. Go into the Genetics folder and copy whichever Norn's DNA you want to view (it should have a serial number which matches the number on the error message you receive).
3. Go into programme files on whichever drive you installed the game.
4. Open the creatures 2 file.
5. Open the genetics folder and place the copied file in here.
4. Reload creatures 2. You should now be able to view the DNA of whichever Gene files you copied over.
Another bug on the game concerns the Emergency kit application for Creatures 1. The options to "restore the world" and "create a new world" do not work. The old world remains and cannot be removed with the kit. As yet the best thing to do if you want to create a new world is to do the following:
1. Uninstall Albian years.
2. Now you should still have a Creatures 1 and 2 file left in your "my documents" under a general name "creatures".
3. Delete the creatures 1 folder (if you leave the C2 folder in here, despite uninstalling the game you will keep your old C2 worlds)
4. Now reinstall Albian Years.
5. Before you play anything go into the creatures 1 folder in the my documents part and copy the entire folder and name it something else, like C1-alternative)
6. Now when you load the game it will load which ever folder in the my documents section says "Creatures 1" on it. So to get a new world you just need to copy the blank C1-alternative and then rename this copy of the folder "Creatures 1" and change the name of the original Creatures 1 folder. Basically you keep a blank world to copy from. Then you name whichever copy you want to play "Creatures 1" and rename the world you were playing i.e. the one that used to be called "Creatures 1".
- Buy Creatures: The Albian Years at GOG.com
- Buy Creatures: The Albian Years at ebay.com
- Buy Creatures: The Albian Years at ebay.co.uk
- Nornverter addon
Note: You should link to this page as [[Creatures - The Albian Years]]