Cheese is a staple of any Creature's diet, and can be found in all versions of the Creatures series. Resembling a wedge of our earthly Swiss cheese, Albian cheese is one of the most nutritional natural food sources available in the series. Cheese is a non-replenishable food source.
The wedges of cheese available in Creatures are the most nutritious natural sources of food in the game.
Several wedges are scattered throughout the world when the game is first started, and 10 more are available in the Health Kit. However, once these supplies are depleted, the only way to replenish them is to use an Emergency Kit supplied with a later version of Creatures, or to import a cheese dispenser COB downloaded from one of several community websites.
- Amount of Hunger Decrease: The level of hunger decrease is now 150, rather than the original 250 units
- Amount of NFP Decrease: The level of NFP decrease is now 30, rather than the original amount of 10
- Multiple Cheese Bites: Cheese now lasts for two entire bites, making them last longer and provide more nutrition
- Number of Cheese Pieces: There are now 6 cheese pieces in the kitchen and 2 cheese pieces in the jungle
- Dropped Cheese Pieces: Dropping pieces of cheese now includes a random variable so they can point left or right
- Sprite File: The download includes a new sprite file with improvements and several new poses
In addition, the update includes an alteration of the Health Kit's stocks to incorporate the updated cheese and to increase the herbs produced.
In Creatures 2
Cheese is made available in Creatures 2 via dispensers placed throughout Albia. Its nutritional value is somewhat less than that of the cheese provided in the original Creatures; however, it remains a reliable source of nutrition.
The default cheese gives:
- 80 Starch
- 20 Fat
- 50 Hunger Decrease
Several cheese variant COBs can be found in the C2 Food list, and Freya made a Cheese Dispensor. Dingus made a Cheese Machine Upgrade which upgrades the official C2 cheese machines to vend Slink's extra-nutritious Cream Cheese instead.
In Creatures 3 and Docking Station
Due to the Cheese Machine's reliance on bioenergy, and the lack of cheese in Docking Station, several cheese and cheese vendor agents have been made for these games, including the Improved Infinite Cheese Machine, Classic Cheese Vendor, TwilightCat and Trollop's Cheese Plant, and the Cheese Launcher.