Carrots in Creatures 1
Eight carrots can usually be found in the Creatures 1 Garden. When a fully grown carrot is eaten, it will turn into a carrot seedling. A seedling may either continue to be held by a Creature after consumption, or it may return to the garden from whence it came. In both cases, the carrot will mature over a period of several minutes until it is ready to be eaten again.
Carrots have the following effect on a Creature:
- Invisible Seedlings: Immature carrots are now completely invisible and will not create confusion
- New Seedlings: Upon being eaten, carrots are replaced by brand new seedlings in the garden
- Amount of NFP Decrease: The level of NFP decrease is now 30, rather than the original amount of 70
- Number of Carrots: There are now 10 carrots in the garden, instead of the usual 8 carrots
- Dropped Carrots: Dropping carrots now includes a random variable so they can point left or right
- Carrot Stubs: Carrots will now briefly turn into stubs after being eaten, to simulate actual eating
- Sprite File: The download includes a new sprite file with improvements and two new poses
- New Bitmaps: Existing bitmaps now better simulate growth so baby seedlings do not sit on the ground
- Garden Area: Carrots now grow in a slightly smaller area within the garden to improve placement
- Vertical Growth: Seedlings use a variable y coordinate so they are no longer in a perfect line
- A New Carrot Patch was created by Freya of The Creatures Jungle, and appears alongside the Laburnum bush and across from the Waterfall.
- A Day-Old Carrot Vendor was created by SteerPike - one of many excellent vendors created during his short time in the community.
- Cyberlife released a bouncing Carrot Variant as part of their first Object Pack.
- Spirit released a patch of Cave Carrots which grow on the lowest level of the island.
- A Carrot Variety Pack was created by Muppetboy of Muppetboy's Geatville, which injects different varieties of carrots under the beehives, beneath the temple, and under the Grendel Tree.
There is a bug with the original carrots' CAOS, in that after a Creature had finished eating them, they would not return to the carrot patch to regrow until after the remains of the carrot had been dropped - Creatures could push the teeny tiny carrot remains over and over again, and become confused. Muppetboy's Carrot Variety Pack does not have this bug. MuppetBoy altered the way the carrots function, instead of each one turning into a seedling, they create a seedling elsewhere, then self destruct. GirlySatan fixed this bug in a different way, which can be seen in her world AlbiaSquared.
A 'one-shot carrot' is a variety of carrot that does not turn into a carrot seedling and regrow in the garden after having been eaten. The carrots from the official vending machine, as well as several third-party carrot vendors, have this feature.
Carrots in Creatures 2
Carrots can be found in Creatures 2 just to the left of the Ettin Mother, at the very bottom of the world. There is an occasional bug where they will grow an inch or so underground, thus preventing Creatures from reaching them. Their latin name is Daucus carota. They are called "root" by creatures, and the other "root" in the game is the potatoes.
The carrots require:
The Carrot Seed Dispenser COB adds more carrot seed dispensers to Albia.
Carrots in Creatures 3 and DS
In both C3 and DS, carrots are classified as food, and will give the same stimulus as cheese etc.
In Docking Station, most carrots are contained in the Carrot Pod in the lower level of the Norn Meso. When the pod is pushed, by a Creature or the Hand, carrots are harvested and dispensed for your Creatures to eat. Outside of the pod, new carrots can grow from the remains of carrots your Creatures have eaten. Docking Station carrots contain the cure for carbon monoxide poisoning. C3 carrots do not contain this cure. Pressing SHIFT+CTRL+E in Windows Docking Station will create carrots near the hand (among other objects). An Injectable Carrot Pod agent has been made to increase the amount of carrots in the game.